Charles IT’s Coronavirus Updates
November 18th 2020
- Charles IT takes another step to protect the team by installing air quality monitors in the office to track and detect any changes in the air quality in the office.
- These devices can determine if virus-sized particles are in the air, including COVID-19, Influenza, and other germs that are widely airborne.
November 13th 2020
- Due to a spike in cases, Charles IT enhances efforts to reduce the risk of office transmission by allowing only 50% of the team to be in the office at any given time. The other 50% works from home.
October 16th 2020
- Phase 2 rollback for the office is officially implemented after CT cases exceed 7.5 daily cases per 100k
- All in-office team members required to wear Charles IT provided N-95 masks
- Conference rooms limited to 3 people
- No eating in kitchen as groups
- Game room moved to bigger conference room downstairs and limited to 2 people
- No more external visitors that aren't essential
- Only single use mugs/cups can be used
September 9th 2020
- Charles IT establishes a COVID precaution process in the lobby of the office to ensure any visitors are aware of our COVID procedures before they enter the building.
July 27th 2020
- Charles IT takes the next step in our re-opening plan in the office, allowing employees to bring personal items such as bags/backpacks, and allowing our beloved dogs to come back!
July 9th 2020
- Charles IT implements a social experiment using wristbands that indicate your level of comfort with social interaction, allowing everyone to see where you stand and respect your space. (If you are interested in getting these bands for your office feel free to reach out to us and we would be happy to help!)
June 26th 2020
- As COVID rates increase across the US, Charles IT implements a travel policy that requires any employee traveling to an “at risk” or “high risk” state will be required to work from home following their return and take a COVID test before returning to the office.
June 22nd 2020
- Charles IT initiates Phase 2 return to work plan, having 75% of the team back in the office.
May 25th 2020
- Charles IT initiates Phase 1 return to work plan, having 50% of the team back in 2 week rotating shifts.
- Charles IT implements touchless safety check-in process, including touchless thermo temperature scanner and kiosk system.
- Charles IT removes dogs from the office to keep them safe
- Charles IT increases the external cleaning services in the office Disinfecting checklists are put in every vehicle to ensure sanitation after each use.
May 18th 2020
- Charles IT publishes an internal Safe Work Playbook outlining all our policies and procedures.
- Charles IT provides each employee with a COVID Safety Kit that includes:
- 3 N95 masks
- Hand Sanitizer
- Cooler lunch pack
April 21st 2020
- Charles IT requires any employee who comes into the office to wear a mask at all times as we allow employees to work in the office when needed.
- Charles IT purchases N95 masks so every employee has masks to protect themselves and others.
March 25th 2020
- Charles IT produces a COVID-19 Remote Work Readiness Self-Assessment to help our clients test their ability to shift to remote working.
March 19th 2020
- Charles IT allows all employees who would like to work from home to do so.
March 16th 2020
- Charles IT gives all employees 14 days of paid leave for the event they test positive for Coronavirus. These 14 days are also eligible to be used for employees who have lost childcare and need to watch after their children.
- Charles IT limits onsite visits for clients, only critical on sites permitted.
- Charles IT implements 4x daily cleaning of all common surfaces in the office.
- All meetings moved to Microsoft Teams to prevent large huddles.
- Reusable utensils and mugs replaced with disposable options in the office