The customer is the bloodline of any big or small company. Why is it then that many organizations today still fail to recognize this, and spend their resources focusing on other items such as marketing? While marketing is essential to get people in the door, if they are treated poorly, or not at all, they won’t return.
It’s important that the customer experience you provide has that “wow factor.” A good marketing strategy, coupled with rockstar customer service that touches on the human experience, plays a role in keeping your business thriving.
There are three things customers want from you and your business:
- Customers want to be heard – When engaging with customers, your customer representative should be talking 20 percent of the time while listening 80 percent of the time. When they listen, they get the pertinent information needed to best serve your client.
- Customers want to be understood – Have you ever experienced dealing with a customer service rep whose responses had nothing to do with your issue? That’s because from the get-go, the representative does not understand the problem you’re experiencing, and that’s frustrating.
- Customers want to be cared for – It’s all about feeling special. When a customer service rep gives their full attention to a customer, the customer feels significant, and that’s the human touch we all love to experience.
It’s Time to Revisit the Drawing Board
Mapping out your customer experience is a good way to identify areas of growth and improvement. Sketch the following on a piece of paper:
- Start by drawing your company in the center of a diagram.
- Add satellites to represent your customers, vendors, sales leads, etc.
- Create offshoots from each satellite to illustrate all the touchpoints available to your contacts. Can your existing and potential customers reach you via phone, website, client help desk, email, client portal, and on-site visits?
Your touchpoints should orbit the satellite that connects with them, which in turn links back to your company. Once you’re done mapping out the universe your company revolves, highlight each of the touchpoints in your revenue stream according to priority and ask yourself, “Do these interactions deliver the amazing user experience my business has promised? What were my customer’s expectations? How can I ensure their journey is seamless and enjoyable?”
The Charles IT Rockstar Customer Service
In a world where technology is killing the human touch, Charles IT has set out to create real relationships through our rockstar customer service. Who is the rockstar? Our customers, of course!
At Charles IT, we aim to give our customers exceptional service by creating real relationships and raving fans. This is achieved by clearly defining how our staff answer the phone, reply via online help desks and how we assist our callers. Customers often call for quick answers to technical queries, we make sure they’re addressed by one of our live IT support technicians.
One more factor that defines our brand is a full suite of efficient technology solutions. We know that data security, network efficiency, and compliance can cost you a lot of sleep and money. With our passionate, honest and forthright, and dedicated team of tech experts, we make sure our customer’s IT is safe, running at peak performance, and protected by a data recovery plan. We deliver all of this with a human touch.
Check out our blogs to learn how we’re bringing the language of customer service to our fans!